Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Flowers & Chicken Chunks & No Pictures Whatsoever.

I bought some peonies this weekend and put them in my room because my mom gave me a vase for Christmas and told me they were for peonies. I thought that was sweet because she knows I think they are gorgeous and smell so good. I definitely think they are the prettiest and nicest smelling flowers. But I have had a problem staring at them, it's like I can't stop. I think Wayne thinks I'm crazy because I have made her come up to my room three times to look at them.

I wanted to put a picture on this post but all my searches for peonies have been fruitless. Not to mention the fact that I have said the word "peony" so many times that it is starting to sound funny and I don't even know how I pronounce it anymore. Anyway, I didn't realize there were so many different looking peonies, and all the pictures I have found that look like the ones I have cannot be saved or even linked to. So if, for some strange reason, you really want to see what they look like, click here and then see the photo taken by Marechal MacMahon.

Maybe I really will have to consider a camera phone, as I have been advised, to be a proper blogger. I mean, last week I wasted some good blodder because I needed a picture of a nasty product I saw in the drug store by the beef jerky...dried buffalo chicken chunks. I looked all over the Tyson's website but couldn't find them. And now this whole peony photo debacle.

And frankly, I would have liked to have taken a picture of my lunch today. I went across the street to a cafe that I will never go to again (which is exactly what I said the last time I went). The joint is creepy and there is a major language barrier problem going on with me and the cashier.

Him: That will be $7.07. (I think this is what he said, despite the fact that it could not possibly be the right price according to what it said on the menu.)

Me: 7.07?

Him: Something I didn't understand

Me: (handed over $20.07)

Him: Something I didn't understand (gave me back $10)

Me: (Too confused and annoyed with myself that I had actually come back there to argue, took money and gross lunch and left.)

4 comments:

Neil said...

Yes, the camera phone is a must if you really want to take things to the next level. Or so I'm told.

You should plant some peonies in your back yard. They're perennials, you know.

Carly said...

For a moment I thought you had written "dried buffalo chips" haha. That would be worse than chicken chunks. But still the chicken chunks are gross. Please tell me what you ate at the gross cafe.

Melissa said...

Neil: I guess I will have to check it out then because I want to take things to the next level.
And I will have to weigh out the advantages of having beautiful peonies in the back yard against the time I would spend staring at them and annoying others by showing them off.

Carly: Chips WOULD have been worse. yuck. And in that case, I would have probably purchased a camera phone on the spot for those. From the gross cafe, I had a pulled chicken sandwich that was 1 part pulled chicken and 3 parts BBQ sauce served up on a burnt bun.

Alicia said...

I had no idea there was a Peony society.