Monday, May 16, 2005

Don't Freak Your Beak

Our neighbors, the Guats (that is not a racial slur but just an example of my 10-year habit of abbreviating everything) are moving and we are sad. They have helped us a lot. Including the time they ruined their Target credit card trying to unjam my door, or when I hoisted their teenage son Pedro up so he could crawl through our side window and let me in after I ran outside one morning and locked myself out. Or when they shoveled out two and a half feet of snow so I could park Roxy's car. Or when they helped start Schatze's car. In preparation for their move, they have constant access to a HUGE truck they keep filling up that says something about The Purple Heart on the side. Where did they get that truck? And how do they have so much stuff to keep putting in it? They also took down their particle board shed in the back yard this weekend that had "Syke" written in spraypaint on the side.
Guats, I will miss you.

I really really really wanted to go to the NASCAR race in Richmond this past Saturday night. My only consolation was that Jimmie was out in the v. beginning and was barely in any of the race, which would have been highly disappointing had I been there.

On two separate occasions I have been asked about NASCAR this weekend. Once was by Ann at the munch and mingle after church, who followed up by telling us, "I always see you girls mingling, but never with guys." Thanks, Ann, for your tact.

Don't forget tomorrow is Name that Song Day!

This weekend I switched out my summer and winter clothes and felt like I am a materialistic sinner when I saw how many I own. Today I wore a skirt that has been packed away for the winter and when I went to put something in my back pocket I found: 1 leftover ride ticket from the Utah State Fair from my visit last Fall, 1 movie ticket from the Tower Theater in SLC for Danny Deckchair (see it if you haven't) and FIFTY DOLLARS. I can't wait to decide what glorious thing I will spend it on!

And finally a question: When peeps sing and they have that vibrato voice, are they doing that on purpose or does it just happen? I'm sincere in this question. We had a really fast vibrato singer yesterday for our special musical number and it got me to thinking.

3 comments:

Carly said...

Ann is just a jealous hater.
Congrats on your $50.
And yes, vibrato is done on purpose by people who like to show off.

Cameron H said...

$50? Good move, maybe you could buy new running shoes!

Neil said...

You love the Guats, yet you hate Guac.