Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Man, You Really Freak Me Out

Every morning this week, the exact same thing has happened and it is a little freaky. All three days when I have arrived at work between 8:35 and 8:40am, the same man is arriving at the exact same time I am. He is just ahead of me as we drive into the parking garage and he has the same car as me except his is silver. We contine down the ramps to level 2 where he turns left into a space against the wall. He throws his car into Reverse as I pass and turn to the right and pull all the way through so I can pull out front first at the end of the day and making a lovely symmetrical lineup of cars facing the aisle: Corolla, BMW, BMW, Corolla. Silver car man continues to reverse and pull in until his car is perfectly lined up in the very center of his space as I head into the lobby. I push the button for the elevator and wait. Suddenly the door flies open abruptly and silver car man comes plowing into the lobby, hits the elevator button (even though it is already lit up from me pushing it), then proceeds to the opposite side of the lobby and stands against the wall in the corner as far away from me as he can possibly get. A few seconds later the same elevator (even though there are four)opens and we get on. He gets off on 7 and I get off on 9. That's it. Maybe I should be on time tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The big answer to all your questions....is he cute?

Sandy

Carly said...

Do you realize that you have more than just a slight penchant for symmetrical things and multiples of 9? You may need counseling. I think the man may be a little scared of you.

Melissa said...

maybe he is. gosh. that would explain why, yesterday, when I was having lunch outside with a co-worker and he walked by on the sidewalk, he looked at me and ran.

Melissa said...

and Sandy: I wish he were.

Jamie Dawn said...

Okay, tomorrow you need to get off on the same floor as he does and follow him to his office.

thc said...

Hmmm, he's stalking you and, at the same time, he's afraid of you.

Melissa said...

I think he must be a master stalker to be able to arrive ahead of me. Today I just made a plan to arrive even later. Silver car was already here, but not parked in his usual space. And he thwarted my symmetrical parking scheme.