Friday, May 20, 2005

It's Celebrate NASCAR Day

So what you're supposed to do is wear a NASCAR pin to work. But I don't work on Fridays. And I don't have the pin (although I may head over to AutoZone to pick one up anyway). So what I have been doing so far is wearing my Jimmie Johnson blanket around all day. And I could play Solitaire with my Jeff Gordon deck of playing cards. Any other ideas? What I wish I could do is see the NASCAR 3D IMAX narrated by Kiefer again. But the closest one is in Baltimore and I have an appointment to get my car's oil changed, tires rotated, etc in 20 minutes. Maybe I'll drive there really fast--that seems NASCARY. Any other ideas? Let me know and in the meanwhile, here's a little pic of Jimmie for ya:

2 comments:

Carly said...

Why don't you time the people who are rotating your tires, and make them do it at NASCAR speed. If they don't, you don't pay. I watched a 60 minutes special on Dale Earnhardt JR. last night. I know you prefer Jimmie, and I understand why. Dale was cute, but said that any girlfriend he has must be aware that he "is boss. The minute the scales start to turn, I'm oughta there." AS IF. Happy NASCAR day.

Melissa said...

I did try to talk the dude into trying to qualify for a pit crew but to no avail. So far my NASCAR day has been cursed when I had a nail in my sidewall and now I just have my spare on----driving around at NASCAR speeds of under 45 mph.

Yeah, Junior is a jerk. I remember when he said that "boss" stuff. Although did you see the part where he talked about his fiery crash? That was good. Jimmie, on the other hand, while sometimes an aggressive driver, is always a gentleman. I'm off to Autozone now.