Thursday, January 27, 2005

Lady in Red

Yesterday my boss took a planner out of the garbage can in his office and asked me if I wanted it. I graciously accepted it since he acted like he was really sacrificing something big for me. Maybe he thinks I didn't watch him regift from the trash with my very own eyes.

In my new planner, I decided to write down a list of things I need to do. I'm constantly making lists and my new planner seems like the perfect place to do so. Last week, I was asking Roxy what I should wear to something and she told me I look good in certain colors. I grabbed my post-it pad and started making a list of the colors she said looked good on me, because frankly I'm always up for some good fashion advice. What's really interesting to me about that list is she didn't include red. The reason I say that is because since I was about 5 my grandmother always tries to get me to wear red. According to her, red is my color and unless I'm wearing red, I don't look my best. When I was at home for Christmas, I was talking to my mom and she mentioned that my grandmother had been telling her all her life that she looked so good in red, but she feels like her skin is too pink to wear red and thinks it looks terrible on her. I started thinking about how my skin has pink undertones too and maybe red looks bad on me as well. My grandmother, obviously obsessed with red, has spent all this time sabotaging us. Oh well, thanks to Roxy I can now make correct wardrobe choices.

Anyway, I started making a list of things I need to do and groceries I need to buy, when I realized I was constantly making a mental list of possible blog topics. So in honor of my lists, I now give you a list of supporting evidence that I am obsessed with blogging:

1. I am always ranking everything in my mind for possible blogging lists.
2. I have had dreams about people in my circle of blog friends that I have never met, including one that took place in the future and all of our blogs were being used for examples in a course called "Blogging 101." And last night I dreamt I went to a restaurant and had to log in at the hostess stand.
3. A co-worker just came in to ask me advice about blogging and had questions about the "blogosphere."
4. I was recently told that I was born to blog, probably because I talk about it too much.
5. I constantly have these thoughts: "Could I blog about this?" "Too bad I already talked about this in a blog." "What will I blog about today/tomorrow,etc?"
6. My friend Emily said she has been reading my blog but never comments. I told her to please comment even if it is not a good comment because what I really want to see are high comment numbers and that it's all about quantity for me.

And to think I didn't want to start a blog in the first place!

9 comments:

Carly said...

I don't even know what comment is worthy enought to put here. But I want to help keep your numbers up, so here I am. ILY

Christian F said...

None of my comments are comment-worthy except the one I addressed to you in Carly's blog about the Memory Foam. I really liked that one.

I had a blog dream the other day, but maybe that's because I was up until about 2am reading yours and others.

Blog on.

Melissa said...

Christian: Yes that was a great comment on Carly's blog about memory foam. I'm glad you mentioned it here because I hadn't gone back to look at it. Another way to build up comments is to respond to everyone who comments on your blog in your own comments section. Ding Ding!

Christian F said...

You are correct. Comment #4 -- Ding ding.

Cameron H said...

Marcy, you need some good outdoor time, away from the computer, away from the world og blog! I had the same problem, and I realized that I had been really neglecting some old friens, TV adn my stomach. So I told myself 1 hour blogging a day, no more! And the rest of the time would be spent in front of the TV, eating chips and dip.

Alicia said...

Last night I had my first blog-related dream. I dreamed that Rebecca was upset at me for posting a stupid comment in response to her post about her relationship issue. Apparently we were in a blog fight, and she deleted my post with her executive adminstrator of her site power, and in my dream she threatened to take me off the commentators for VSoM. It was pretty traumatic.

Melissa said...

Kaycee: I actually almost titled my post something about Bloggers Anonymous.
I'm glad you wrote expecially, I thought it was just a tribute to Ebonics. I mean, in the song from my last contest, at one point in the middle Billy Joel says "Don't Aks Me Why"-- so you are in good company.

Melissa said...

Kaycee: I'm glad you corrected your correction because I had passed over it without noticing. But that is pretty funny.

Suzie Petunia said...

I love red. It has always been my favorite color. But someone told me when I was probably 12 that I looked great in light blues and greens - it brought out the color in my eyes. My wardrobe has forever since been a sea of blue and green. Isn't it amazing how we strong, independent, smart woman can still so easily by swayed by someone's simple comment?

Also, I found myself attending a church activity tonight just hoping something blogable would happen. Nothing did, but I brought my digital camera just in case.