Wednesday, January 19, 2005

FYI: Salma Hayek Already Has a Rolex, Too, Amputee

My friend Carrie in NV just called so she could put the phone up to the speaker because "Turn the Beat Around" was on the radio. She knows that Shotzy always gives me a hard time by saying that I only pretend to hate Gloria Estefan when really I know ALL the words to her songs.

This weekend I made my first cake with my new cake decorating kit and took it to a friend's birthday party. A nice chap there may or may not have been enamored of Shotzy. He complimented the cake briefly, but then spent the rest of the time praising Shotzy (to her and others) for being such a wonderful gift giver (having given me the cake decorating kit), all while rubbing her arm and complimenting her jacket.

Last night while glancing through old entries in my journal, I came upon an entry from a long time ago in which I had compared a couple to the song "Uptown Girl." It was obviously very serious to me and I used a lot of lines from the song such as: "and all the presents from her uptown boys," "now she's looking for a downtown man," etc. Then I went into a paragraph explaining how I viewed myself in terms of an uptown vs. a downtown girl.

I also had some old emails printed out from college stuck in the back...some of my favorite college emails were from Shotzy. She said such things as "I'm just sitting here with a plate of cheese on my belly." And there was one that included the lyrics to a song she had written called "I hate math."

There was also an email from Carly stating she hated Nicole Kidman and loved Tom Hanks. Both of which she has recently contradicted.

I mentioned earlier that I received a kissing kit containing lip gloss and love mints as well as a Jimmie Johnson calendar for Christmas. Upon my return to work, Camelio and Roxy came online and I thanked them for these gifts. To Camelio I said, "Thanks for the kissing gift," and to Roxy, "I'm just sitting here telling Ed (my NASCAR-loving co-worker) about the GREAT Christmas present you gave me." Just last week, I found out I was mistaken and had reversed the gifts. I thought Camelio had given me the kissing kit, but she had really given me the calendar and vice versa for Roxy. Roxy must have thought it was weird that I was mentioning to my co-worker that I received a kissing kit for Christmas and apparently Camelio thought I was kissing my Jimmie Johnson calendar. And I'm not saying I don't. But still. It was funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I say go right ahead and kiss the Jimmie Johnson calendar. But only if you use the kissing kit on him.

Camelio

Carly said...

I hold to both of my stances on Nicole Kidman and Tom Hanks. Years ago, when I wrote the email in question, Nicole Kidman had not yet been in Moulin Rouge, been mercilessly left by Tom Cruise, and been in all those cool movies that she has been in since Moulin Rouge. That was back in the day when she played that blonde haired seductress/reporter. This was also during the "You've Got Mail" period in which Tom Hanks was still charming, appropriately humble, and not trying out accents. You can understand how my opinion could drastically change.

Alice said...

Has the kissing kit brought you more smooches then normal? If not can you trade it in and claim defect?

Melissa said...

Sorry, Becca. I don't kiss and tell. or not kiss and tell. or whatever...do calendars count?

Christian F said...

Go easy on Jimmie.