Monday, January 31, 2005

20 Recommendations

A lot of you have probably already read most of the blog posts listed below. But if not, they are some of my favorites.

1. Carly's acs-and-abbrevs

2. Chantico at Starbucks

3. Kacy's paul bettany hates me
immediately followed by :
3.a. just little more claptrap

4. Sheer Blonde shampoo, conditioner, and volumizing spray by John Frieda.

5. The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins' rudy can't fail

6. The Amazing Spider Fan's teriyaki stix more like teriyaki sux

7. Cameron's ups how i love you but you freaked me out this time

8. Christian's dead pioneer

9. Always crack your eggs in a bowl before pouring them into the batter of whatever you are making. My grandmother always told me to do this, but I did not heed her advice because I was too lazy to get out another dish and had never run across a rotten egg anyway...until last night, when I had to throw out all the batter for a boston creme pie with black/green runny, stinky rotten egg slush in it.

10. Mat6t's teacher who lost her way

11. Mat6t's how could this have happened

12. Don't go alone to the DSW at Bailey's Crossroads. I have never been there by myself without lurking creepy men making inappropriate comments to me.

13. The Alex Morrise's say it ain't so

14. Arrested Development

15. King of the Hill

16. Anna Karenina

17. Finding Neverland

18. Don't let ice/snow sit on your car overnight.

19. The Stunningly Handsome Nate Perkins' flying squid

20. Chicken Panang

6 comments:

Carly said...

Thanks for the shout-out for my acs and abrevs post. Also, good idea on the egss. Mike once cracked a bloody egg into our food and neither of us could touch eggs for a solid month. Urgh. I'll try the sheer blonde.

Melissa said...

Yes, definitely try the Sheer Blonde. I look like a fool because I keep smelling my own hair. I can't stop.

Alice said...

You need to get blog roll girl.

I use the brunette stuff and the guy that washed my hair at the salon the other day asked me what type of shampoo I use. I told him and he said, "Oh it feels like you use a nice shampoo, but you don't." Of course I corrected him and explained, "it feels like a use an expensive shampoo and I don't." "Yes yes of course, that is what I meant."

Neil said...

A heart amen to the Chantico recommendation. Finally something we Mormons can get excited about drinking at Starbucks! I hope it's a permanent item on the menu.

kacy faulconer said...

Thanks for mentioning me here, and thanks for truly appreciating my Paul Bettany series. I'm going to confess something to you: it still makes me chuckle when I think about the whole chain of events which led up to me doing just what Russel Crowe did in A Beautiful Mind. There's just no getting around it--it's funny. I don't know what Chantico is, but I'm committed to trying it. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW MUCH I TRUST YOU.

Melissa said...

Kacy: Seriously, it is crazy how much I think about/laugh about/talk abou the Paul Bettany/Russell Crowe post of yours. Truly Hilar.

You won't be sorry about the Chantico...not only do you have my recommendation, but also that of the supertaster. Have you seen Chocolat with Johnny Depp? It reminds me of the Hot Chocolate Juliette Binoche makes in that movie. Don't be disappointed when it is only 6 oz. It is VERY rich and delicious.