Monday, January 24, 2005

I have a crush on Keanu Reeves

Even after reading about him on IMDB.com.

I agree with everything they say on that website about his “deadpan delivery style and reputation as an oaf,” but that doesn’t stop me. I also got a good laugh out of some of his quotes, one in which he calls himself dumb. I won’t argue with that especially after reading:

"What would happen if you melted? You know, you never really hear this talked about much, but spontaneous combustion? It exists!...[people] burn from within...sometimes they'll be in a wooden chair and the chair won't burn, but there'll be nothing left of the person. Except sometimes his teeth. Or the heart. No one speaks about this, but it’s for real."

[On drugs] “I've had wonderful experiences. I mean really wonderful. In teaching. Personal epiphanies. About life. About a different perspective -- help with different perspectives that you have. You know what I mean? Relationships to nature. Relationships with the self. With other people. With events.”

His bio also mentions that he “Frequently plays man either strapped or sitting in a chair while some type of procedure is performed on him. All three Matrixs, Johnny Mnemonic, Feeling Minnesota, Dracula, Constantine.”

Fascinating. What would I do without IMDB.com? Be disillusioned about Keanu, I guess.

Honestly, I have barely seen any of his movies and I’m trying hard to think of one I’ve seen that I really liked. Who saw Sweet November? I did. I didn’t like it, but I bet I have watched it on TBS like 8 times.

Well, I thought this would be a fun post since I removed my original “Celebrity Attraction Ratings” I posted back in October. I was a beginner blogger then and I didn’t really think that post through. It wasn’t a v. good post and I was getting attacked left and right for answers I couldn’t really stand behind. So I quickly deleted it, because my sensitive blog heart couldn’t take the comment criticisms. But hey, feel free to say what you want about Keanu. I’ll probably agree, but I still give him a 10 on my Celebrity Attraction Ratings.

PS: I would like to say in Keanu's defense, that once I read a touching article about his sister who had cancer, how much it devastated him and how he wouldn't leave her bedside in the hospital.

11 comments:

Carly said...

Was it all my comments about Tom Hanks? Was that what broke your blogging heart? I take it back. Love who you want to love. Be attracted to GW Bush. But, please, never delete a blog again!

Eliza said...

I think we're missing what's really important here, and that's Ted Theodore Logan.

I can honestly say the "Bill & Ted" movies are the only Keanu movies I've thoroughly enjoyed. "Sweet November" made me want to barf...although that didn't have as much to do with Keanu as it did the lack of plot. Shudder. Well, maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge when I haven't seen it in, like, 4 years.

How about "The Replacements"? That was kinda funny. Also haven't seen it in around 4 years. The drunken English kicker guy from "Notting Hill" is the only part I really remember about it, that and the slutty cheerleaders. And Keanu was cute.

He is cute. Weird, deadpan, oafish, but cute, and such a great Ted.

Cameron H said...

Marcy, I was STARTING to develop a deep love for you, but now??????????

kacy faulconer said...

Cameron can't share Keanu with a woman he loves. It's complicated for Cameron. Alas.

I just want to formally apologize for giving you a hard time about Tom Hanks. All I really wanted was clarification. I never meant to hurt you. I just can't see how you can love accent-Tom Hanks a la The Terminal. There I go again. Sorry. Splash Tom Hanks. Bosom Buddies Tom Hanks. Big Tom Hanks--that I can see. And we'll leave it at that. No comment on Keanu. He is handsome. And we'll leave it at that.

kacy faulconer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Kaycee--I agree, at least he did have the wisdom to stay out of Speed 2.

Eliza--He was DEFINITELY the right choice for Bill & Ted's. I am more attracted in his handsome older years though.

Kacy--I hope you meant: Cameron cannot share the woman he loves with Keanu...

Cameron--I guess nothing I do is ever good enough for you. First I didn't throw the name that song contest for you, and now this.

Carly & Kacy--here we go again with Tom Hanks. Let me provide you with the clarity you seek: First of all, I only gave him a 5 on the attraction scale. And lastly, yes, my attraction really was in the early years with him, as well as "You've Got Mail." The Terminal--couldn't care less about it, didnt' think it was that great, but it didn't really arouse any feelings of anger toward Tom Hanks in me either.

Cameron H said...

Marcy, I am sorry, I have been under a lot of stress at work, and the boss has been riding me pretty hard to get those reports done, and in turn I have been turning my stress to you, I swear this weekend its just you and me.

Carrie Ann said...

No, I totally understand. I was so in love with Keanu when he was Ted. He was the perfect Ted, and it has taken me years not to see the Ted in his eyes.... I even drew pictures of him when he was Ted...

Suzie Petunia said...

Keanu filmed part of a movie in my home town last year. It is supposed to be about a dentist and it's called The Thumbsucker. I swear I'm not making this up. This is a small little Oregon town, so you can just imagine the buzz it generated. I haven't heard anything more about the movie since then...with a title like that, I'm not too surprised.

I didn't have a "celebrity sighting"...but then, I'm more of a Tom Hanks kind of girl. (Are you kidding me? That scene in You've Got Mail where he brings her flowers?? *a tear*)

Melissa said...

Suzie--I read about "Thumbsucker" on www.imdb.com under Keanu's profile. I don't think it has come out yet.

Anonymous said...

Thumbsucker is at Sundance this year...FYI. It got optioned I think... so we might see another Keanu classis on the big screen yet! Plus, we'll get to see Suzie's haunts...