Thursday, September 01, 2005

Vote for my Ringtone

After getting a new cell phone, I lost my old ringtone-- the theme from "I Dream of Jeannie." Now I have a new phone and am currently using the "Shanghai" ring which is nothing to be proud of.

Help me! I have so many choices, I can't decide on a new ringtone. I need to spend my $2.49 wisely so take a minute and imagine my phone bursting out into one of the following (and you know some would be funny) and then vote for your choice (or if you have any suggestions I will check if they are available) from those I've narrowed it down to:

1. Baby Hold On - Eddie Money
2. Baby One More Time - Britney
3. Celebration - Kool & the Gang
4. Crazy in Love - Beyonce
5. Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car - Billy Ocean
6. Heart of Glass - Blondie
7. Hey Ya - Outkast
8. Hungry Eyes - Eric Carmen
9. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers
10. Raise Up - Petey Pablo
11. Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
12. She Works Hard for the Money - Donna Summer
13. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
14. This is Such a Pity - Weezer

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raise Up - Petey Pablo!!! Raise Up - Petey Pablo!!!!

Anonymous said...

I second the Petey Pablo vote. I would pay the $2.49 for that ring tone for you Marcy.

C.E.

Melissa said...

Camelio & Roxy---Why am I not surprised? I put that on there in honor of you. Although I will tell you that the ringtone is unfortunately not the part of the song that says "Take your shirt off and twist it 'round your head--spin it like a helicopter."

Anonymous said...

Well crap, what's the point of having that song if they leave out the most important part?? Gosh!

C.E.

Eliza said...

At first I thought Hey Ya, because I can't help but love everything OutKast and/or everything Andre.

Then I decided that She Works Hard for the Money would be a LOT funnier.

If I may suggest, Party All the Time by Eddie Murphy has always been dear to me, although it's much better when combined with the visuals from the music video. For a long time my ring tone was Axel F (Theme from Beverly Hills Cop). Something about Eddie Murphy combined with 80's music just really makes me happy.

Melissa said...

Lizer: Sorry there is no Eddie Murphy...Vote one for She Works Hard for the Money.

Carly said...

I second "She Works Hard for the Money" because you are such a working girl--and I know you work hard.

Melissa said...

Carly--are you being facetious with your work hard comment??

kacy faulconer said...

These are my votes: Eddie Money, because it is rare and would be surprising and funny. Also, it's a good song. Hungry Eyes, because everyone loves that song, but no one would actually buy the ringtone. I think that is the funniest of all your choices. And my third choice--also rare (I mean, you don't want to confuse your phone with someone else's) is Blondie. This one is funny-ish, but also cool--just like you.

Carly said...

But just imagine: you are out to lunch with friends and "She Works Hard for the Money" starts playing on your phone. You give them a shrug, say "sorry, I HAVE to take this call" and then it's ME on the line! You'll seem so important!

Melissa said...

Kacy: Yeah, when I saw "Hungry Eyes" I was thinking how funny it would be if my phone started playing that, but then I decided against it b/c I thought it might be embarrassing...until last night when I heard it on a love dedication on the radio and I thought it might be a sign...that put it right back on my list.

Eliza said...

Um, pretty much every time I think of "She Works Hard for the Money," I laugh.

Just so you know.

That should count for 2 votes.

Star said...

Hard for the money. Hands down.

Carrie Ann said...

You should save "Crazy In Love" for a certain someone, that's what I do. No one gets that song except my baby...and my local Manolo proprietor when he calls to tell me my purchase has arrive and will be shipped to my house overnight...well that's my fantasy anyway.

Smarta said...

uhm... I think I just ordered the Billy Ocean one.. now, I just have to decide who'll be that ring. =)