Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Do You Think I'm Crazy?

-Today I got an email from Jesus and all it said was "I know you are ready." I don't know exactly what He meant, but it made me feel good.

-Also today I saw a man in the grocery store with a T-shirt on that said "My Tax Lady Loves Me" with a Glamour Shot of his Tax Lady on it.

-Last night, before I realized what I was saying, I told a friend of mine her chest looked good in the shirt she was wearing.

-I got a lot of reading done during my 10 hours at the pool over Labor Day Weekend. It was sort of hard to concentrate yesterday though with the 10-year-old, earring-wearing, male Asian twins next to me who were sharing an iPod and singing along with "Hit Me Baby One More Time" over and over as they gradually scooted their lounge chairs closer to me.

-I was almost late to church on Sunday because I couldn't tear myself away from the mixed CD I was listening to in the car.

-This weekend I rented "What the Bleep Do We Know?" from Blockbuster.

-I LOVE Milky Way Midnight candy bars, but I prefer just to call them Milky Way Darks. Even though Milky Way Darks are my favorite, I have a Bite Size Snickers every night before I go to sleep. Did you know you can talk for an hour and a half about only candy bars without running out of things to say?

-I regularly get static interference on my computer speakers. But for the last couple of weeks, I only get get static noise that sounds like the tune of "The William Tell Overture."

-My boss considers it unacceptable when he calls in and I tell him he has no messages.

-I have made a blogpatrol tracking spreadsheet in Excel which occupies a lot of my time.

8 comments:

Carly said...

I need to know two things:
1. How was "What the Bleep Do We Know"?
and
2. Is anyone making a stink about the racially-laden terms "midnight" and "dark" in regard to the milky way bar??

Anonymous said...

Yes you are crazy, very very crazy, but as a trained action hero I would dirty dance with you

Melissa said...

Carly:
1. I give it one and a half thumbs down....it seemed to be a lot of hooey---although I did enjoy a few select parts regarding the brain, neuronets and how we form emotional addictions (providing what they said was true of course).
2. Only skewedview's "ebony goddess" friends.

Kelly said...

So I was all ok with listening to the crazy old lady in What the Bleep Do We Know because she was saying some interesting things about the mind and such. Until I found out she was channeling. Um, ok crazy old lady.

I LOVE the Milky Way Midnight. I actually wish they'd come out with 3 Musketeers Midnight or Dark or whatever. Just slather some dark chocolate over some nougat and I'll be happy.

Melissa said...

Kelly: I know what you mean about the crazy old lady. She was fascinating to me though. I felt sucked in by her voice and accent and mouth.

Melissa said...

SKEWEDVIEW!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

Eliza said...

Yum, dark chocolate.

I think Reese's used to have dark chocolate cups but they were "limited edition." Blast those limited editions.

Carrie Ann said...

What the bleep is "what the bleep do we know"?