Wednesday, February 16, 2005

When I Come Around

Sometimes I am slow about coming around to things. Off the top of my head, here are a few things I didn't like at first:

1. Salsa. I wouldn't eat salsa until about 2 years ago. I still don't like to bite into big chunks, but I really enjoy salsa now, especially my roommate's homemade version.

2. Cameron. I feel I can say this because I really like Cameron now. However, in my blog beginning, I didn't know Cameron's sense of humor, or even who he was or how he had gotten to my blog...just that he was a stranger who had written a few comments along the lines of "Get a Life," probably not meant to be rude, but how was I to know when all I saw when I clicked on his name was a post about blogging on the toilet?

3. Maroon 5. I've had Songs About Jane for about a year. I got it when "This Love" was popular and really only listened to it and "Harder to Breathe" because sometimes I get impatient with CDs when I don't know the songs. I never gave it a chance, but recently Shotzy got the CD and started playing it. A LOT. Now I have it on in my car and am in the process of learning all the words to all the songs.

4. "Daughters" by John Mayer. I hated this song at first. Now, not only do I not change the station when it comes on, but I sing along.

5. Country Music. I have discussed this in a previous post.

6. Hitch. Okay, so I actually haven't seen it yet. But I really want to. When I saw the preview for the first time, I thought, "I never want to see that." Now I'm totally sucked in and think it looks funny. Sometimes it just takes a little repetition to change my mind.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

P.S. Don't forget: Tomorrow is the 17th. Name that Song Day.

Alice said...

How funny that all of the things you listed (with the exception of Hitch that I know nothing about) I liked from the very beginning… of course I have known Cameron so long this might be a mistake. I may not have liked him at all at first, I just can’t be sure because it was so long ago… I do remember chasing him around the neighborhood when I was maybe 9 or 10 because he stole my piggy bank and ran off with it TO BE FUNNY… I am not so sure I got his humor then, but I do now.

I LOVE THAT YOU LISTED CAMERON!

Carly said...

Another thing that you came around to was blogging. Remember when you were against blogging? I am glad you never had to "come around" to liking me. Although maybe you did, and I just never knew it.

Carrie Ann said...

Thank you for not listing me, because while it would have been OK, I'm just glad you listed Cameron instead.

Here's a thought, you and the Provo gals for lunch AND a movie? Just think about it, my Woman of Leisure Day Calander says I will be free for a matinee...

Carly said...

Yes the world wide web is great, but Marcy and Carrie Ann in person at lunch and a movie makes me salivate....