Thursday, February 24, 2005

More About Celebrity Men

Matthew McConaughey opened the NASCAR season at the Daytona 500 with "Gentlemen, start your engines" and he did a mighty fine job of it. He also said he was pulling for Jimmie Johnson, which really hauled my ashes over the state line and back. But my favorite Matthew McConaughey moment was a few years ago at the Grammys when he announced the performance of D'Angelo by putting his palms down on the podium and, leaning over into the microphone in a semi-standing push-up position (which I have seen him do on other awards shows), and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, D (pause) Ange (pause) L(hold the L)o" in a way that can only be heard and not written (obviously as I have proven) in his charming Texas accent. Actually, I frequently mimic his "D'Angelo" whenever he comes onscreen. However, I am saddened by the fact that recently, everytime I have seen him, he looks stoned. He also seems to be growing into a cocky arrogance that is souring me to him a little, but not enough to take him off my celebrity boyfriends list yet (that is a little helpful hint to any of you who may not have taken my quiz in the previous post yet, you know who you are).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to say, I've heard that MM impression and it's DEAD ON!

kacy faulconer said...

I'd like to say that Matthew McC really hauls my ashes over the state line and back too.

Carly said...

That Matthew M...he really bakes my cookies.

Carly said...

He also toasts my coconut, fries my bacon, and kneads my dough.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but does he float your boat or blow your skirt up?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, does he cut your paper, sharpen your pencil, or EMPTY YOUR GARBAGE?!

Alice said...

AWESOME… yet another quiz where I get to score the lowest, but really I think you are the one who answered the questions wrong. You have Keanu Reeves on your boyfriend list? That is WRONG. You are 5’8”? You would be better being 5’2”… and the list of your wrong answers goes on….

Carrie Ann said...

Mr. MM does my dishes...rakes my yard...walks my dogs AND scoops their poop...was this supposed to be a sexual inuendo or what I really wished he would do?

Cameron H said...

Marcy, having been straightened out as to the man crush, I must say Matthew McConaughey is on my celebrity boyfriend list too! He is one darn fine man.

Cameron H said...

PS I forgot about the lunch last week. I am so sorry, why didn't anyone call me?

Christian F said...

Marcy: Did you make it back safely? I miss your blog posts.