Tuesday, October 19, 2004

My First Blog of Nonsense

Well, here I am in the world of blogging--a place I never thought I'd be. But having now bookmarked Carly and Kacy's blogs and constantly checking for their new posts, I decided to join in the fun. Although, I am intimidated by their wit because I just know that mine will be far less amusing.

Where do I begin with my first blog...I'll just start from right now as if anyone reading this (Carly), already knows what's going on with me (she does), so I won't have to explain everything I write. That is what I always do when I go to write in my journal and it has been like 9 months or 2 years or however long since my last entry. So then I start trying to summarize everything that has happened since I last wrote which eventually ends up being such a long entry that I dont' want to write again for another 2 years.

Maybe I'll start by explaining (which, in my last paragraph, is the only thing I said I wasn't going to do in my blog) my name of Marcy Dibbleblotts. Marcy, while having nothing in common with my real name except the letter M, has somehow really stuck as my nickname for the last couple of years. Even a few people in my ward call me that. But I actually like it so I won't complain. Now Dibbleblotts is a little more complicated and probably pretty boring. But last week while watching "How to Marry a Millioinaire" I proposed that Joanna's nickname be Shotzy because, well I like it and for four years now we haven't been able to give her a nickname that sticks...so then Camille decided she wanted to be Loco (Betty Grable's name in the film) so that left me to be the Marilyn Monroe character (again, can't complain). So we listened with bated breath (I also have always thought it was baited too, but I learned otherwise from blog by Eliza who is connected to Kacy, whose blogs I have also read almost all of. So while pretending to be afraid of blogging, I have already become obsessed and am reading every blog in sight.), to hear what Marilyn's name was. Well it ended up being Pola (pronounced Paula) something French, Debuvouis or something like that that no one could pronounce so ended up just being Dibbleblotts. And somehow Dibbleblotts has also stuck.
So there you go, Carly ;) a lot of info that doesn't really matter. Which I've decided is sort of what blogging is. I also think that I should write a lot of blogs really quickly. That way, this isn't the only one hanging out there and I feel bad about it and wonder if it's good enough.
Yes, that's what I'll do.

2 comments:

Carly said...

I wonder when you'll explain the origins of "Cletis"? Of course, now that you are living in the big, sophisticated city, you are too good for such a common nickname. "Marcy Dibbleblotts" is far more cosmopolitan. You are Cletis in Utah, Ms. Dibbleblotts in DC.

kacy faulconer said...

I'm glad you explained your blog name. I would have just assumed it was completely random yet the origin is really quite fascinating. Yes, do post lots of blogs rather than agonizing over fewer blogs. They can't mean very much to you (see my "Marginally Interesting" and "Paul Bettany Hates Me" examples) or you are just cruisin' for a bruisin'. I'm so glad you read Eliza's blogs! I read ALL of her archives because she ended up marrying a guy who she first described in her blog as "weird." Love the intrigue.