Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Breast Cancer Awareness Faux Pas

Okay, I think fighting breast cancer is a great idea, who doesn't?

HOWEVER, here are 2 seriously embarrassing breast cancer awareness ideas:

1. Washington, D.C. upcoming 2nd Annual "Bosom Ball" concert with the proceeds benefiting a local mammography program. Advertising for this concert includes cartoon bras/bikini tops with performing bands inside.

http://www.moremusic104.com/?sid=29552&nid=144


2. Joanna tells me that this month, because of a bill that passed in the House and Senate, the St. Louis arch will be lit up in pink lights.
Oh yeah, this will REALLY help find a cure for breast cancer--by shining pink lights on this National Landmark and Gateway to the West so that it looks like a giant pink breast. Great idea, Congress.

6 comments:

Carly said...

Let's hope that Prostate Cancer Awareness never gets really popular. And I can't believe our tax dollars are going towards making the St. Louis arch pink.

kacy faulconer said...

I hope you continue posting several blogs a day because I check your blog several times a day and it's so thrilling to find something new. Of course, if there's nothing new I read the old ones again. Does that seem compulsive to you?

Melissa said...

No, and I'm glad to know that you are reading several times a day because I read your blog several times a day. I can't even tell you how many times I've read Paul Bettany hates me and then the Claptrap. I have even showed a few other non-blogger friends because I laugh out loud every time you compare yourself to Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind talking to PB who is not actually there. Hilar!

kacy faulconer said...

For Your Information: There is some sort of error when I try to post comments on your newest posts (Breaking from Tradition and #48). But that doesn't mean I haven't read them. So don't wait until someone makes a comment before you write another blog. (Sometimes I'm a jerk like that, but really I'm only hurting myself.)

kacy faulconer said...

You deleted those posts? Did you think they were dumb? They weren't. I only ask that because I have done that. I did it yesterday in fact! I like to remind my readers that I am a tempermental artist every now and then. It keeps them on their toes.

Melissa said...

WHAT THE? I don't know what happened to my two posts! I am not happy about this. Okay well, I will be back on this afternoon for more blogging. Between now and then I'll be deciding if I should try and rewrite them. Dang it.