Monday, October 25, 2004

Blogs Lost in Cyber-Space

I am really upset about my two blogs last week that have disappeared. I worked hard on them, and they just disappeared?? Gosh, I don't really have the energy or wit to re-write them but maybe I'll just summarize the main points in case there are any comments.

Breaking from Tradition:

Last week was the first time I have missed an episode of "The Bachelor" (or "The Bachelorette" for that matter) in all its seasons.

Why have I been so addicted? I don't know. But I feel good about stopping the addiction.

The Bachelors:
#1 Hated
#2 Hated (but made eye contact with in NYC last month)
#3 finally liked
#4 Hated
#5 Hated
#6 (current season) hate (Byron, the long haired profession bass fisherman)

I prefer "The Bachelorette" as I think all women should. But I am mad that Jen is coming back as bachelorette #3. SHE ALREADY WON on "The Bachelor" and that didn't work. Then she dated Bill from "The Apprentice." I think she needs to give another no-name hooch a chance at finding love on national television.

And for those of you who read this before it mysteriously disappeared(it must have been ABC who pulled my blog), I DID go to abc.com to look at who got kicked off in what was, I'm sure, the most shocking rose ceremony ever.

I used this joke in my first blog and was happy to find that there is an article in this week's People magazine called "How to Fix 'The Bachelor,'" in which they used my same "most shocking rose ceremony ever" joke. Good job to me on coming up with same joke as nationally syndicated writer.


The #48 Car

This blog detailed my month long rise as a NASCAR fan. I was first turned on to it at a 3-D IMAX about NASCAR narrated by Kiefer Sutherland (also love him). I also love to write/type NASCAR in all-caps.

Anyway my driver is Jimmie Johnson (#48), who, by the way, has NOW come in first place out of forty-something cars in the last 2 races. I am so proud.

I used to think NASCAR was only for rednecks. Now I know that is not true. Or maybe I am just becoming a redneck. It really could be either one. Whatever the case, I look forward to actually attending a race in Richmond next season to cheer on Jimmie.

Well, there are the 2 blogs which now just seem factual and much less interesting without the funny quips I took time to compose in the first go round. Sorry to disappoint (however I happen to know that both my readers already read these posts anyway)...moving right along...

No comments: