Monday, November 14, 2005

Top 10 Reasons You Could Call Me a Chic Sophisticate

10. Recently I ate half of a stale donut that I had dropped, frosting-side down, on the floor of my office, all the while telling my co-workers I had thrown it away.

And that was only a few days after I:

9. Ate 2 brownies I had dropped on the street.

8. Once when I was a teenager and out to dinner with my family, the waiter brought a carafe of coke for our refills, which I thought I was supposed to drink out of.

7. Before I had a car, I spent a significant amount of time online researching where I could get some metro-accessible fried chicken.
7a. I have eaten chicken livers from KFC.

6. My work wardrobe frequently consists of items such as:





























5. Roxy asked if I remembered our "Gross Oreo Day"--we didn't shower and laid on the couches all day eating oreos. Of course I do. And actually, that's not the only time I have done that.

4. After cutting my own hair for over a year, I recently returned to the salon world. And to a really nice salon where I had to fill out a questionnaire as a new client. Although tempted to lie on it, I was honest and put down that the hair care products I use are made for livestock.




















3. Once I dropped my toothbrush in the toilet and used it anyway. Just kidding, I'm not THAT sophisticated.

2. Carly's son Holden mistook a blonde bikini-clad model on top of a jeep for me.

1. I have been ridiculed (and challenged to a bra-putting-on-speed contest) because apparently I don't put on my bra like a real woman.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not put on your bra like a real woman, but I think we all know you are 100% woman. Va va voom! (Also, that contest was one of the highlights of my life.)

Anonymous said...

I have to know...did you like the KFC chicken livers?

Anonymous said...

You put it on backwards don't you? and then turn it around to the right way with the cups in front. I thought so! ha.

Melissa said...

Anonymous1 (Roxy): mine, too.

Anonymous2: I think I will refrain in the future, although I didn't hate them.

Anonymous3: You know me so well. Please never say cups on my blog again.

Cameron H said...

Who has not mistaken you for a model on top of jeep?

Carly said...

You forgot to mention the time I came over and you were eating a chili dog and burping. But seriously, that chic on top of the jeep was HOT! That's why Holden thought it was you.

Melissa said...

me burp? whateva! I think you must have the wrong clete. But a chili dog does sound like me.

Emily said...

Self-depracating humor girl, you must have the greatest job ever to get to wear that stuff. BTW, what are those things on the sidebar that you want to get into? I'm thinking earrings?? Please clarify.

Melissa said...

Emily: yizzle, I want to get into dangly earrings.

Carly said...

Did I say "burping"? Sorry, I meant bending. You were eating a chili dog and bending and stretching at the same time. Sorry for the confusion.

Neil said...

You need to add a 7b related to Graceland. In fact, you probably need a completely separate post about your experiences with the various chicken joints of the world.

Melissa said...

Cletis: Oh yeah! I remember that day. Leave it to me to exercise AND eat a chili dog at the same time. You know how I can't stop exercising.

Neil: I don't know what you're getting at here. Are you trying to say that just because I took you to a gas station in the ghetto to eat and I cried in the Popeye's parking lot, I have more to talk about when it comes to fried chicken than most people?