Wednesday, October 19, 2005

On My Blogiversary

Ode to My Blog



I love you, "How Am I Doin'?"
I'll love you 'til the end.
You taught me of obsession
and how to make a friend:
Just roam from blog to blog
and be a comment whore,
And soon there will be blog friends
knocking down your door.

Dear blog, I can't repay you
for all you've given me.
Please accept these simple words
from this girl from Tennessee.

You gave me a date with a stranger.
It didn't go too far,
But at least I got to ride
in Heidi's former car.

And then you gave me music
in the form of mp3s
from new blog friends and relatives
and one of Kelly Clarkson's new cds.

You brought out my obsession
with a thing called blogpatrol.
I had to stop my tracking spreadsheet
because I was getting out of control.
Recording IP addresses,
tallying times and cities and states...
This became unhealthy,
constantly checking for new updates.

You fired up former friendships
And brought me closer to Clete,
who turned me on to blogging
in her blog group of the elite.
There are so many names I could mention
of those for whom friendship I now feel,
but I'll just mention the best thing I got from you,
and that is definitely Neil.

So on my blogiversary
of my first year with you,
"How Am I Doin'?", you've given me so much,
I just hope you love me, too.

6 comments:

Carly said...

You had me at "How Am I Doin;? tear....

Neil said...

Who doesn't love your blog? What's not to love? Happy blogiversary (aka blanniversary)! Today, we celebrate your blog. "How Am I Doin'?", I celebrate you!

Suzie Petunia said...

Blog whore? Is that what I am?? I had no idea...

Suzie Petunia said...

Happy Blogiversary!

kacy faulconer said...

Happy Blogiversary. I celebrated it by going to Disneyland. It was wonderful, just like your blog.

Melissa said...

Kacy, Thanks for celebrating my birthday with a frightfully good time at Disneyland. ba dum ching!