Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Howard Hughes' Heroine Haughty, However Handsome Henry Hits Home

A few years ago while visiting Williamsburg, I became enamored of Patrick Henry. And by Patrick Henry, I mean the man who was playing Patrick Henry. After his speech in the House of Delegates, I whispered to Schatze that I wanted to get a pic of him....We hung around until everyone was gone and I asked if I could get my picture made with him. My only regret is that I accidentally had black & white film in my camera and you can't see how my face flushed with his unexpected touch of my shoulder.



Around that same time (and during that same roll of film), I was at a conference for work where Jane Russell was in attendance. I also wanted a picture with her because I thought it would be cool to glue it in the cover of my book Bombshell Manual of Style. After all, she is mentioned in it. Well, as you can see, I got the photo, but only at the expense of a dream shattered by her rude attitude toward me.

7 comments:

Carly said...

Fantastic photo debut of Marcy Dibbleblotts! I am usually very afraid to speak to celebrities because I know that my dream will be shattered by their rudeness. I admire your courage and perseverance. Please explain the title of today's post.

Melissa said...

Thanks---frankly I don't like how my face looks scrunched and pained in the Jane Russell pic but I knew it had to be posted. Hello. Jane Russell. I would have done my pic with Ben Stein instead, but it is MIA.

Please excuse my stupid and confusing post title. For some reason, I felt the need for some serious alliteration today...the reference is to the controversial Howard Hughes film "The Outlaw" starring Jane Russell.

Cameron H said...

You know Marcy, celeberties have a way of shattering dreams, like the time that my dad told me that Hutch from Starsky and Hutch (the orginal TV show) was skiing at Sundance, so I brought my pen and paper, and I tracked him down on the slope, when he went to sign it for me, my pen was frozen, and he said sorry and skied off, HEART BROKEN! Though later he was on the lift with my mom, and I skied under them, and he said "Wow, look at that little rug rat go" HUTCH CALLED ME A RUG RAT.

kacy faulconer said...

WHO DOES JANE RUSSELL THINK SHE IS?

Melissa said...

YEAH! Who DOES Jane Russell think she is? But I guess when you used to look like she looked in that link I put in my blog, you probably don't want your picture taken when you are over 80...But still, I think she should have been flattered that I even knew who she was!

Suzie Petunia said...

Seriously unflattering pic of Jane Russell. You, on the other hand, are adorable!

Carrie Ann said...

I LOVE that you become enamoured with historical figures...or at least with men in historical costume. That's a class act, M'Arse.

And HOLY FREAKING COW that's Jane Russel?! I am in good awe and bad awe at the same time.