Tuesday, April 19, 2005

My Life in Numbers (BJD Style)

# of days have worked this week: 2

# of days have worn jeans to work this week: 2

# of days have worn flip flops to work this week: 1

# of times have wondered if boss thinks I'm taking advantage of the casual dress policy: 37

# of phonecalls received from boss today: 7 (I'm not kidding)

# of hours have been at work today: 2

# of "nanny" reality TV shows watched Monday night: 2

# of ridiculous outfits I wore on Sunday: 2

# of times (when asked) told roommate to change b/c her outfit didn't match at all: 1

# of outfits worn by roommate who had been told by me it didn't match at all: 1

# of minutes was late to church because of my ridiculous outfit #1: 20

# of fears conquered this weekend: 1

# of times tried to demonstrate the motion of a roller coaster while seated in a booth, resulting only in a shaking booth and flailing legs: 1

# of ward members assigned to our house for the ward activity Saturday night: 8

# of assigned members who showed up: 1

# of un-assigned members who showed up: 1

# of un-assigned members who showed up and drove everyone stark raving mad: 1

# of e-mails in my boss's inbox that need to be checked right now: 122

# of times have seen commercial for "House, M.D." which guest stars Robert Sean Leonard tonight and have thought I should let Christian F know: 7

# of times I ever want to watch "House, M.D.": 0 (yuck)

# of people in my office today: 1 (me)

# of times have done leg kicks and punches down the office hallway today: 3

# of Britney Spears' songs listened to today: 1 (in honor of her pregnancy: Hit Me Baby One More Time)

# of conversations with boss re: Paris Hilton in the last week: 4

# of minutes have thought about who I could give one of these to: 19

# of emails now in my boss's inbox that need to be checked: 128 (I better go.)

5 comments:

Alicia said...

MDB(Marcy Marcy Dibbleblotts Blog)is quite nice today, especially since I love BJD.(aaah Colin Firth!) And I would love one of "those". ;)

Carly said...

What can I say? You have such a great sense of appropriateness. How perfect to listen to "Hit me Baby One More Time" in honor of Britney's new baby. And I only wish I could have seen the leg kicks and punches and the roller-coaster reinactment in person.

Suzie Petunia said...

And why can't your boss check his/her own email inbox?

# of days I've worn this t-shirt this week: 3 (does Sunday night count?) I swear it doesn't smell or anything.

Eliza said...

I'm so glad you watched 2 Nanny shows. Are those any good? My reality TV these days is limited to The Bachelor (but oh, that's really all I need to watch. I look forward to it all week).

I'd like to hear more about these ridiculous outfits you speak of.

Melissa said...

Suzie--your comment was good for a laugh from me. My boss says things like, "I found this on the printer, I think it came for you" (as if it were a fax machine or something). He also uses the words email, website and internet interchangeably. Lately he has been saying blog a lot, but I can tell he doesn't know what he's talking about by his contexts for it. There is no way we can let him check his own email. He loses enough stuff as it is.

Eliza: I don't always watch the nanny shows, but sometimes I tune into Supernanny (my favorite) after 24 instead of going to bed like I should. Nanny 911 is on Fox and is supercheesey (they have a head nanny who sits in a fake living room deciding which nanny is best for the task. She makes her selection, then the nanny heads to the house after putting on a little gray cap and cape, somewhat resembling Miss Trunchble (sp?) in Matilda). Anyway, despite preferring SuperNanny (I like its nanny Jo), Nanny 911 was the BEST this week. They are even going to have a British chap come next week to give them marriage counseling in a continuation of last week's episode...I'm sure it will be the most dramatic rose ceremony ever...I mean episode.

Re: the outfits, I went to church in a skirt that I ironed, and was wrinkled by time I put it on again, then ironed again, then was really wrinkled again...with shoes that didn't match and white legs and a sweater. And it was way too hot for a sweater, which probably caused me to have a shiny red face along with it....Shotzy and I declared it "I don't care" day and we just left..anyway, when we came home from church, I was teasing my other roommate b/c she came upstairs in black and white vertically striped pants and a pastel horizontally striped shirt. So I changed and came down in red work out pants with a mauve t-shirt with a giant flower on it. Shotzy said she was uncomfortable looking at me and I just replied with "I don't care." This went on all day, making fun of each other with the other person replying "IDC."