Thursday, March 24, 2005

A Few Unrelated Thoughts

Because I Loved the British version of The Office, I am a little skeptical that the American version is going to be as funny. But I'm willing to give it a shot. If you haven't seen the BBC version, check it out.

It's now the time of day when my boss usually takes a nap. But today, instead he came rushing into my office and said, "Do you have anything urgent for me?" When I answered that I didn't, he said he was going swimming and took off.

I won't be eating Wendy's chili anytime soon. Check out the video on that too, unless you're squeamish. Speaking of gross videos, I once saw a show about the world's largest tumor. It was 200 or so pounds I think and they found teeth and hair inside. The truth is I have it on tape. For some reason, when they said, "after the commercial break: the world's largest tumor," I felt compelled to pop in a tape and record it. I better look for that tonight, it has been a few years and I think it's time to bring it off the shelf again.

7 comments:

Carly said...

I'm impressed that you had the presence of mind to put in a tape and push record. I seem to remember this tumor story as one of the first things you shared with me in the infancy of our friendship. Clearly it was so effective that I said to myself "I want to know more about that girl with the tumor tape." And here we are, 7 years later and going strong.

Melissa said...

WOW. I had no idea I have had that tape for so long. I do love to share it with people. I was at Katie Blue's birthday celebration the other night and promised everyone there a gander at it.

Suzie Petunia said...

I loved the original "Office" as well, and was pleasantly surprised at how funny the American version was! But, seeing how the basic "story line", the set and characters are essentially the same...only American...it begs the question..."WHY are they making an American version in the first place? Why not just air the British version?" OK, I guess that was technically 2 questions...

I saw that tumor thing originally, and saw the lady and her story just recently on Oprah! OOOoooooooh! They NEVER answere my biggest question: "WHY didn't she have it removed sooner???" If you have an answer, please DO share!

Melissa said...

I agree-I think they should just air the BBC Version. I thought the American version was okay, but it was EXACTLY the same..only with actors I liked less.

The tumor lady didn't have surgery sooner b/c she had a phobia of leaving her house. I really know too much about this.

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about the Office sadly enough. But I do know a shocking amount about large tumors. Not that I have had one. The tumor you are referring to is actually a "fetus in fetu" It occurs when one twin dies very early on in the womb and the other twin's cell wraps around the dead cell, enveloping it and then carrying it with them after birth. I saw it on discovery channel (they discussed a 7 yr old boy in Napal whose parents were sick of him being mocked and called pregnant so they finally took him to the Dr.) and on a tape called "the 101 most unique things removed from the human body" that my husband tricked me into watching. anyway, i have heard of a bigger tumor...a 400 pound ovarian cyst. I brought the article to my 6th grade health class and got extra credit. It was great. Anyway, I hope I cleared this up. csk

Anonymous said...

Ok, what is funnier than in the article about the wendy's chili the lady says "i'm more of a carl's jr fan." ahaha well who isn't now that we are all scared we are going to chomp into somebody's acrylic nail. that is nast.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the info, csk. Remember the night your husband tricked us into watching that show about the deadliest animals. that was the same night we learned that everything is better with sausage.