Wednesday, March 16, 2005

"But When We Wake, It's All Been Erased"

Last night I dreamed that I went to the Academy Awards with Renee Zellweger. We were friends and she invited me to go with her. Oddly enough, in my dream, I looked better than her. But of course in my dream I was super skinny and had a great dress. It was black and pink and long and fitted with black ribbon-like spaghetti straps. Renee was wearing a frumpy outfit that made her look like a grandma. We pulled up to the awards in her RV and got out for the red carpet walk. But since I am not famous they made me walk out of the cameras’ view alongside the red carpet. I was particularly upset because I had just gotten off the phone with my mom telling her to turn on the TV and watch for me. At the end of the red carpet just before you went inside, there was a check-in table where all the stars signed this HUGE book; Debra Messing was there. I looked over, trying to see all the famous signatures. And what signature was the largest and went across both pages of the book? Merle Norman. Yes, founder of my grandmother’s make-up company. Once we got inside, Renee grabbed me and said, “Well, you really turned Bob Barker’s head.”

This was an odd dream considering I’m really not a big Renee Zellwegger fan. Why wasn’t I going with someone like Matthew McConaughey? I guess he would be going with his girlfriend Penelope Cruz, though. And Bob Barker? In my dreams, where I can be and look like anyone I want, I chose to look gorgeous for Bob Barker? Oh well, at least it wasn’t as scary as the dream I had recently where I was descending elevators through the building of Hell-- “Dante’s Inferno” style-- with large, super-fast, flesh-colored snakes chasing me or wrestling Grizzly bears in water.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we all know Bob Barker has quite an eye for beauty . . .

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Bob sued for that "eye for beauty"???

Anonymous said...

Bob Barker is HOT!
~Paris Hilton

Anonymous said...

Oh PUH-LEASE, Paris. I think we all know what you have said about Bob behind his back after that one-night stand. Plus, you KNOW that I have had a thing for him for years. Why must you steal everything from me? AND I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I AM REFERRING TO!

Anonymous said...

We all know that last comment was from you, NICOLE!!

Anonymous said...

You always have to have the last word, don't you? Trust me, Paris, your life is not going to be so SIMPLE from now on.

Anonymous said...

Bring it, you little monkey!

Anonymous said...

I know where you and that dog of yours sleep. Good luck Paris. You're going to need it. Remember who my daddy is...

Suzie Petunia said...

Your grandmother has a make-up company?

I never see anyone famous in my dreams. :( But, if I did...Paris Hilton would probably be last on my wish list.

Carly said...

What I love most about this dream is that Renee Zellweger said "you really turned Bob Barker's head" to you. I just think that is a funny thing for her to say. I picture her saying Bridget Jones style. And I am sure you would turn his head if he saw you.