Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A Visit from Clete

These are just a few of my favorite highlights from the past few days:

Picked up Carly at 1 a.m. Thursday. She told me that Mike had said to get some rest and not stay up all night talking. We talked til almost 4 a.m.

Mike told me not to let Carly spend too much money while she was here. The first place I took her was Potomac Mills with 10 neighborhoods of Outlet shopping.

Everytime we ate, Carly called Mike to tell him what we were having and how good it was.

A strange conversation at my roommate's birthday party about tongues touching eyeballs. I don't understand it or why that would ever happen.

Wasted $4 on blinking Red nose that will never wear.

Read "You Can't Kill the Rooster" in Books-A-Million to see what all the David Sedaris hype is about.

Was told I like comfort foods after rambling on and on about restaurants and food. Carly and Neil, food is not the only thing I know. Although I do know quite a bit about it.

Ate the most delicious macaroni and cheese EVER. Seriously. Hands down the best.

Sat behind a girl in Relief Society whose crack was showing. After conferring with everyone around me, finally told her to pull up her skirt.

Carly constantly was talking about needing to go through my closet, look at my stuff, how she felt attached to my wardrobe and was upset that we lived so far away and doesn't know what I wear anymore.

My mom called to tell me that my little brother found his Santa Claus presents. She told him they were for a poor little boy who has no presents until she can figure out a solution.

Watched Dodgeball. I would have a hard time being good friends with someone who didn't think this was funny.

I was debating on a dress I had on in the dressing room at J.Jill. Carly told me it was a sign that I needed to buy it when Coldplay came on.

Just asked Carly what she is doing right now. She said she is blogging a list about her trip. I better hurry up and finish this one so mine will be up first.

Luckily, my mom called yesterday to interrupt the awkward moment when the Target clerk was ringing up my 5 whoopee cushions.

Crap, Carly beat me with her blog. Just read it. Hers is funnier. Don't know if I can post this. Oh well, for a funnier version of this post, please see Carly's post.

4 comments:

Carly said...

no, your post is way funnier.

Alice said...

Ah ladies... welcome back to the world of blg.

Neil said...

What is there to know besides restaurants and food? If you know that, you're golden. It was nice to meet you, and thanks for the tip on Mario's. That and Five Guys are on the top of my list now of places to try ASAP.

Melissa said...

1. thank you, but no yours is funnier.
2. thank you, it's good to be back.
3. thank you, marios...mmmmmm..., five guys..mmmmmm....I think it's time for lunch.
4. Boulevard Woodgrill in Clarendon. Are you in VA? If so, please try it. You won't regret it.