Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Gratitude Journal: Coming out of the Blog Closet

As I mentioned in my 100 things post, I have basically been a secret blogger. It's because I used to hate the idea of blogging and think it was a waste of time. Well, maybe I still do, but that hasn't stopped me yet. I am an ashamed blogger.

But as of 3:50pm today, I have come out of the blog closet with Loco, Schatze and Roxy....now I am a guilt-free blogger. I can breathe a sigh of relief. I mean, the only reason I hadn't told them is because I was ashamed...I thought they would think I'm crazy or ridiculous, basically because I think I'm crazy and ridiculous for doing it.

Coming out of the blog closet has not been easy for me but I'm glad I did it. And I'm glad that my friends are such good friends that they still love me despite my flaws, of which, blogging is probably not the worst.

4 comments:

kacy faulconer said...

Does that mean you think I am crazy and ridiculous?

Alice said...

Ashamed? Ashamed to be amongst us wonderfully fun peeps? I am hurt Marcy.

Alice said...

Wow... did that come off as harsh? I hope not. There are a few people that I have not told that I have a blog too... I haven't told my FedEx driver, oh wait... I have. I didn't tell my the cabbie I took to work when i was late the other morning, oh wait... that isn't true, I did give him my site.

So really? Why the secret? Are you afraid of being discovered?

Melissa said...

Kacy,
Not ridiculous, but definitely a "kind of fun crazy" which I see you think of yourself anyway.

Rebecca,
I don't know why all the secrecy. Perhaps it is because I AM crazy and ridiculous. Or maybe it is just that I wanted to be able to, in the future, use my hilarious friends' jokes as my own.