Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Carly's Making Me Look Bad By Writing Fancy Birthday Posts to My Husband

Yesterday was Neil's birthday. It's hard to plan a really good birthday for someone when you'll be traveling that day. So Neil, I apologize that you didn't have a cake, or a steak, and that I gave you some Tater Mitts that don't work and wrote you a song I sang off key.

I have to say we did do a lot of fun things on our trip though. We made a list on the back of the airplane barf bag of the things we want to do in our life. Neil wants to write a book and travel to Turkey. I want to ride a bike somewhere cool and milk a cow.

And by "ride a bike somewhere cool and milk a cow" I don't mean ride a bike to somewhere cool and when I get there milk a cow, but ride a bike AROUND/ON/IN somewhere cool--i.e. ON Abbey Road but not TO Abbey Road (that would be against my exercising policy)--and also milk a cow at some point in my life, somewhere cool or not cool, I don't care.

We also bought a framed tile that says "Neil's Kitchen" and stood in line for a photo-op with a Budweiser Clydesdale. Unfortunately, certain parts of the Clydesdale were too exposed for us to get a decent (literally) picture.

So if you haven't been to San Diego, you really should go. And take me with you, but not on your birthday--unless you are happy with mediocre celebrations like some understanding husbands who I won't name specifically.

3 comments:

Neil said...

Don't apologize--my birthday was great, thanks to you. Thanks for providing me with the technology I needed to digitally record your special birthday song, thus preserving it forever. I know you trust me never to, say, post the recording to my blog.

Carly said...

I think a trip to San Diego on or around one's birthday sounds too good to be true! All I did was say a few words on Neil's behalf. YOU SANG HIM A SONG ON HIS BRAND NEW DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER. You are the winner.

Melinda said...

A few reasons why we are friends and why I htink I would be friends with Neil if I ever met him. One, I have been to Turkey, and I loved it and want to go again. Second, I have thought about writing a book but only because I think I would like being rich like J.K. Rowling. Third, my family use to own a cow, and I milked it on occasion. Also, I worked a few summers at BYU dairy during high school and college. My husband thinks he would like to own a cow so that our kids could milk it and learn about work ethic. Of course he has never milked one so he doesn't know what he is talking about.

P.S. Is Neil kind of like the Virginian? That is how I picture him.