Thursday, November 02, 2006

Our House

After spending an hour online with Carly looking at pictures of her house and helping her rearrange it via instant message, I decided it was time to take some pictures of our little apartment.

Actually I decided this in the middle of changing clothes and got right down to it, which is why in this first picture on the tour I had to hide and you can only see my arms in the mirror.


This is where Neil works. And by works, I mean shuts the door and watches The Wire. And yes, that is a poster of a semi-truck signed by Richard Petty on our bulletin board.


This is where Neil beats me EVERY single Sunday at Boggle.


See the missing patch of paint above the magnetic knife rack? Before I came along there was a hook there where Neil hung his squeegee. He said I could take it down as long as I put it somewhere he wouldn’t have to bend over to get it.

This is where I go with my blanket to watch Gilmore Girls

while Neil cooks me up some supper here.














Someone (Hoss, Skewed), please come visit us.

7 comments:

Erika said...

So where did the squeegee end up? And Boggle? I bet Neil rocks at Boggle.

Carly said...

I am wondering why Neil had a squeegee in the kitchen. I can see having one in the bathroom, but the kitchen? What does he do with it in there? Is there some culinary purpose to a squeegee? Does he "squeege" a turkey rather than basting it?

Neil said...

It's a cozy little apartment, thanks in large part to a woman's (in this case, my woman's) touch.

The squeegee now resides under the kitchen sink on a hook. I have to bend slightly to retrieve it, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the sake of our marriage.

Hoss: I use the squeegee on counter tops after I've wiped them down. I love it. No more waiting for wet countertops to dry after cleaning the kitchen.

Melissa said...

Good luck with that raffle, Skewedview! I must have failed to mention that the couch is also a bed--and a very comfortable one that has not just a regular mattress, but also a part on top that you fill with air. It's the first couchbed I've slept on that doesn't have that annoying bar across your back!

Anonymous said...

So, this is where you two stay. Looks inviting. Can I curl up and watch the Gilmore Girls with you?

Anonymous said...

I sense a story behind the Richard Petty poster... do you or Neil follow the NASCAR circuit?

Melissa said...

Dean, I do like to watch NASCAR although I have been following it less this year. I also have my Jimmie Johnson (2006 Champ!) ornament on (the back of) our tree.